Who am I?
– I am a published author, an incorrigible traveller and lover of all things beautiful.
– I am a food blogger at Strands of My Life. Cooking and taking photographs is an escape into a private world of sensory perception and creation.
– I have a food intolerance to FODMAPs and follow the low FODMAP diet closely – as documented in my food blog.
– I live with my husband and son in New Zealand in a house overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
– Until recently I was an 8.30am to 4.30pm office worker in an admin and marketing capacity.
Why this blog?
My latest job in the real estate industry as an executive assistant to a highly stressed, cranky agent all but destroyed my health. In the seven months I worked for her, I developed:
- Tension headaches which finally morphed into almost daily migraines
- Repetitive strain injury in my right arm and shoulder from too much intense mouse work.
- Neck tension which resulted in pain and very little mobility.
See my article here.
This is after seven years of similar stressful jobs in the real estate industry. But this time my body told me, in no uncertain terms, that it was time to stop the abuse.
During the Christmas break, I had time to breathe and I finally realised what I was doing to myself. And I also realised that just changing jobs straight away wasn’t going to solve anything.
But my husband and I have a financial goal we have agreed to reach. So I worked out a plan to give myself 4 months freedom to change my life. See my article for how I did that here.
This blog documents my journey towards a productive life I love, which also helps pay the bills.